Monday, January 8, 2007

Feeder Improvement Team Web Site

I have been a member of the Feeder Improvement Team, a group of teachers, administrators, and parents from the various school that "feed" into Governor Thomas Johnson High School. Because of my technology background, I was drafted to create a feeder schools web site that provides information to parents about all the feeder schools. The team wanted to give parents a description of the vision we have for all students as well as a some information about each of the schools that feed into the high school. One of my primary missions as an administrator would be to improve the communication between the school and the home. Parents of middle schoolers often tell me they do not get important information. Traditional paper notices are not effective in a digital age. So using technology such as web sites, email, and phone broadcasts are essential for getting parents information they need to help their children.

No comments: